I will be missing class tomorrow. Previously, when I have missed classes in undergrad or in high school, I was never worried about what I would be missing. However, because I am loving the MAC program: the students, professors, information that I am learning, and the environment, I am really sad that I wont be here :(
On another note, I am aware that I will be in a classroom in the Fall to observe a teacher and the methods they use in the classroom. However, I have been taking the opportunity this summer to watch how our professors are teaching us. The things that I have noticed that I have LOVED so far are: the professors have really learned our names and knowing all of them within the first two days of class, the respect that is shown in different ways to their students (which in turn the students have more respect for the profs), the help that we are given both for inside the classroom and outside the classroom is inspiring, and the way we are able to help in the lesson planning. As for the restriction I am not so excited about, is the time restriction (I know i will be so disappointed if I am able to get a GREAT conversation going with my students and then i have to move on to another topic :( ).
A fun fact: I have one more week left before I run my 5k. I am really excited but very nervous at the same time. Chris and I will be doing the Harbor Days Elk Rapid Run! I hope I can run the whole thing!
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tricia, I am happy to read that the connections with your colleagues and instructors are already forming in meaningful ways, and that you're seeing signs of pedagogical practice that you might want to emulate. On that point, I'm intrigued by your latter point regarding student input on lesson planning. While it won't be something that you can do very often, I'll bet that you could derive some terrific benefits with regard to classroom environment from giving the students an occasional choice, as you debate two ways of presenting the same material. There's nothing like having a hand in the selection process to enhance one's feeling of engagement in the process. Lots to think about, Tricia...
ReplyDeleteWe miss you too. Hope everything goes well on your weekend adventure =).
ReplyDelete