Sunday, November 29, 2009

Some advice.

So, a few weeks ago, my field instructor gave me some great advice. I had had a GREAT teaching moment. I was thrown to the wolves so to speak, given materials to a lesson, without a lesson plan and was told to do what I will. I stood up flew by the seat of my pants and did amazing! I taught information to the students had them use it with each other and then created a game out of nowhere. A few of the students came up to me later and told me how much fun they had that day and thanked me for visiting. It felt wonderful. I kind of boosted in group and that is when my field instructor told me to start a journal. I did, it only has the one entry, detailing the days plans and a few of the comments made by students. I plan to keep this journal, starting new ones when the others fill up, as long as I am teaching. She told me to read through the journal on the days that are difficult because she told me there will be some.

2 comments:

  1. That's a really great idea. Not only can you look back and see the good days, but you can reference the bad days and what you could have done better, as well as referencing the good days to do it all again the next year! I think I'll keep one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the great moment, Tricia, and I'm really glad that your FI made that suggestion...very astute. There are lots of highs, but also some lows in this profession, and it always helps to have your "yes!" moments accessible so that you can derive some emotional sustenance from them (and remind yourself of ideas that you had that might otherwise be forgotten)

    ReplyDelete